Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trip to Long Island - Oct 2014

The third weekend in October we headed back to Long Island- this time for a wedding!  But we crammed in some fun times with Nana, Granddad, and some other friends as well!

On Friday we had a play date with Emily and Piper.  Fun to see these girls starting to really play together.  Now if only Piper would teach Samantha to leave bows in her hair.

Samantha discovered my vast American girl doll collection.  While we're not yet ready to pass on the whole Samantha doll collection to this not so careful almost two year old, she decided to adopt the "Meet Samantha" hat as her own and we were okay with that.

Not really  understanding that the hat isn't exactly her size.
And when Baba got home they hurried to the train station to watch the rush hour trains come in.  Kerri and I used to do this with my Dad all the time when we were little, and it was fun to see Samantha get excited about the "choo choos."

And there was, of course, some fun singing and dancing while we waited for the trains to arrive.
     
Also Samantha has become obsessed with looking at pictures of herself and people she recognizes.  Baba took advantage of her relative stillness for some pictures snuggles.
Then she found one of my dad's hats and decided to wear it around the house.  



and then we realized she was striking a pose.





Love this little one!

On Sunday afternoon we headed to a wedding at DeSeverksy Mansion.  It was one of my high school bffs (Alissa)'s little brother, Michael.  I grew up with Michael being my surrogate little brother, considering how much time I spent at Alissa's house and doing things away with her family, and I can't believe Michael got married!  So fun to see him all grown up!

Forgot to snap a pic of me and Andrew or of the bride and groom but here's one of me and Liss!

And this is basically how every night in the Citterbart house ends- Mom or Dad cuddling with Lanie.
I hung around for Monday again since my mom doesn't work Mondays, and Nana, Samantha and I visited Main Street Nursery to check out the Halloween maze.

And the little petting zoo.

Thanks for another fun weekend on Long Island, Nana and Granddad!  And congrats Michael and Amanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment