Sunday, January 27, 2013

Patches, I salute you!

I (Bonnie) have a confession to make.  I know it's utterly shocking, but I still sleep with a teddy-bear.  And no- he didn't disappear when we got married, and yes - he's traveled with me across the world and been to basically every sleepover I've ever been at for the last 23 years.  His name is Patches because he came with, you guessed it, patches (yep I've always been super creative and imaginative- even when I was five).  Well since having Samantha, Andrew and I have both woken up multiple times on top of Patches in the bed utterly scared that he was Samantha, and we had, in fact, crushed her in our sleep.  Note this is not even plausible because she is sleeping in her crib, but we are sleep deprived and a little delusional in the middle of the night. So we decided we had to see if they actually were the same size or if we were going crazy.  So we had Samantha meet Patches.

Clearly she was not really thrilled with him.  Maybe because she knows her mommy will not be handing him over anytime soon.  (But as you can see we were not, in fact, so crazy- the size is pretty similar).



But then we got this gem of a picture.  Clearly she knows she needs to respect this long time member of the family.  
"Patches, I salute you!"

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I loved this post! We had so many similar delusional moments with Joshua -- when he started sleeping more than a couple hours at a stretch, *I* would ruin our sleep by frantically searching for him in our bed, convinced that I had lost him and suffocated him in the sheets. Never mind the fact that we never once co-slept or nursed in bed. ;) Love that Samantha is going Patches the respect he deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Phantom baby syndrome. Nice to hear I'm not the only one this happened to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie! This is my favorite post of all time! I'm sure I will continue to say that on both yours and Tiff's blogs but I <3 it. Probably because I am also attached to Patches and know his true meaning to you. The salute is hilarious. :) Glad you aren't crushing Samantha in your sleep. How scary!! As she grows I'm sure it'll be easier to tell the difference. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmigosh i don't even know how to say how cute this is. (this is regina i can't figure out how to sign in)

    ReplyDelete